Soccer megastar Cristiano Ronaldo has announced that he is the new father of a baby boy. Ronaldo, who has just made his way home after a disappointing World Cup campaign, announced the shocking news via his Facebook page and Twitter account saying:
“It is with great joy and emotion that I inform I have recently become father to a baby boy. As agreed with the baby’s mother, who prefers to have her identity kept confidential, my son will be under my exclusive guardianship. No further information will be provided on this subject and I request everyone to fully respect my right to privacy (and that of the child) at least on issues as personal as these are.”
Hours after the message was posted, Ronaldo’s agent confirmed the news saying: “Yes, it’s true. We make no further comment.”
While we did know the baby’s mother was said to be from the United States, rumors were swirling about who it could be. If you never heard, the notorious party boy Ronaldo had a fling with Paris Hilton last summer as well as several other American girls while on vacation in the States who’s names popped up as potential mothers.
In the end, the rumors were slowed earlier this morning when a story broke in the Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias claiming the baby boy was conceived by a surrogate Mother at the end of last summer in San Diego. The boy was born weighing 9lb 8oz on June 17 while the star was at the World Cup in South Africa.
Ronaldo’s sister Katia said her brother will reveal his son’s name when he returns from Madrid. Early reports indicate the boy’s name will be ‘Ronaldo Junior’. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha